I was tagged a little bit this week by some FAE friends of mine, but I sometimes have trouble following rules, or doing things I’m told (and yes, I have passed that down to at least one of my children), so I’m going to participate in my own way. And like I said, today is my birthday and I can blog like I want to.
I love chainmaille. It is so intricate and webby, and harkens back to times I often read about. Athena’s Armoury makes some wicked chainmaille on Etsy and Janine does some fantastic blogging about especially strong women.
Glass fascinates me. Ancient Roman, hand-blown artisinal, or stained glass like you’ll find at Radiance Art on Etsy. Amy also has some really rad watercolor prints- and mermaids! She has a great blog too!
Here’s the part where I will do as I am told, and share ten honest things about myself:
1. I have an extreme lack of patience and high irritability with regards to b.s. Yes, I can be a bit forthright.
2. I heart tattoos. I wish I had my legs covered one arm, and my entire back. [grin] So far it’s just one piece on my shoulder and the lower side of one leg.
3. I organize my closet by color. Not shirts, pants, skirts. Pink, white, orange, brown, green, blue, black.
4. I am a clutter junkie. A collector. A treasure hunter. A prizer of cool things found. I like to display them and admire them all around me.
5. Onions are most-hated beasties. I cannot abide them raw in anything at all, and I will leave a clean plate but for a pile of cooked, translucent striated stinky chips. Blah, blech, nastiness like an armpit made into “food”.
6. If I could have another shot at education (and some memory enhancers please), I’d want to become an Archaeologist. Enough of this armchair stuff, give me a shovel and some brushes. Paleolithic Europe, if you please. Or some dark age castles. Or some Greco-Roman ruins.
7. I find myself getting very distracted at concerts by the stream of creativity that I start to channel during live music. Do I pay attention to what song is playing, or do I follow that necklace fluttering by to the left….hmmmm, what was that you said?
8. I have had three children through natural childbirth, all boys, none of them weighing under 10 pounds. Yes, I do wet my pants now and again.
9. I do not *do* Perfect. I don’t understand it; it freaks me out and gives me anxiety. I like things raw and wonky in my work. It’s the way I see the world; beautiful and asymmetrical, non-matching, chips and frays, gaps and tears.
10. I believe in magic. It rubs right up against you if you pay attention. You’ll step right in it if you’re not looking. You might get lost. Or worse, you might never find it.
AND, if that was not enough, I am having a birthday celebration sale in my Artfire shop! Come on in for 20% off every item through July 12th.