Explorations Into Liminality
“and there came an arm and a hand above the water and met it and caught it, and so shook it thrice and brandished it, and then vanished away the hand with the sword in the water.”

Friday, June 4, 2010

What To Tell The Bees



I have told the bees
He is gone from us;
I have given up gossamer prayers.

Carry roses, pacasandra, azaleas
The birch and dogwood to listen;
Send the song of his memories back to him.

He tends his garden
And remembers now,
Whispering his story on the wings of the bees.

~Julie Ferioli


Joseph Kellner Sager 
September 21, 1921- May 26, 2010



15 comments:

thehauntedstudiounderthestairs said...

May your memories always be fond ones...
I share the same birthday with him


k

Cameron said...

I send you warm thoughts and gentle hugs.... You will always carry him in your heart <3

Cameron

stregata said...

Big hug!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss ~
Sending you hugs))

LuLu Kellogg said...

My Dearest Juliebelle~

I am so sorry for your loss my dear. Sending you lots of comfort and love.

LuLu♥

Kristin Aquariann said...

*hugs and flowers dusted with glitter* Gorgeous remembrance poem.

Shannon said...

Such beautiful words, my friend. Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts to you! ♥

Theresa said...

Sorry for your loss~ Your remembrance is beautiful. May your heart heal and memories stay close.
All my best, Theresa

Lisa Bommarito said...

The perfect memorial, your words speak volumes, your post brought tears, I still talk to my grandfather, and methinks you will too. Wishing you strength in tender times.
~Lis

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Dear Julie,
I'm sending you thoughts of comfort during your time of loss.

Betty

Home and Heart said...

I discovered your blog by chance, I am so sorry for your loss. My mom passed away on the 28th of May. hope you are comforted by the love of family and friends.

Rainey J. Dillon said...

Hugs to you & yours Petal.

xx

Michele Lynch Art said...

Beautiful poem. I'm so sorry for your loss, he'll forever live in your heart. xo

Cameron said...

I'm so sorry to leave this message here. I don't have an Etsy account, or I would've tried there first. You won my Giveaway :) Please email me with you info at your convenience....

cameron-art(at)att(dot)net

Smiles,
Cameron

Linda said...

Beautiful heartfelt tribute,Hugs Lindaxx