Explorations Into Liminality
“and there came an arm and a hand above the water and met it and caught it, and so shook it thrice and brandished it, and then vanished away the hand with the sword in the water.”

Monday, September 6, 2010

Autumn Revels is Revealed


A custom witch hat has taken to broom. Autumn Revels is a work in black velvet and smashing pumpkin hues; rust, copper, orange, bronze. Butterflies and bees and poppies. Fine vines winding and wrapping.

For every hat that finds a home, a piece of me goes with it. Be warned ;) For I sit, and sit, and sit with each one, fussing and adjusting, adding and removing. Until it is just right in its imperfection. For I know that somewhere there is a witch dreaming up her personality to me, projecting herself for me to conjure the threads of her special creation. And hey, if I don't hear you, you can always convo me at MermaidenCreations for a custom order!

10 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

You always thread words together in such a pretty way! Hats, too, of course. ;D

Cameron said...

It is wonderful! The witch who wears that will be so proud :)

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I had a hat of yours. In NZ we celebrate All Hallows here in spring. How crazy is that! From this year on I am flipping the calendar to have Halloween in Autumn..pumpkin season.

stregata said...

Quite a fetching creation!

Luthien Thye said...

that's what i call a super awesome witch hat!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, this has to be my new favorite! I love how you wove all the different elements together- beautiful!

Athena's Armoury said...

It's beautiful, Julie. I can practically feel the crispy autumn air (I'm going to try to carry that with me on this weekend's training walks!).

Unknown said...

Great work, roll on Autumn ! Just added link on my site as to where I get gluten free flour from. Have a sweet day!

Emerald Window said...

FABULOUS hats! Any witch would be proud to wear one!
Cenya

Dez said...

I am the lucky one to roost under this incredible hat. Wish you all could see it in person. I was happy to finally treat myself with a Mermaiden original. Julie, thank you for knowing just what I wanted and making it better than I could have imagined.
Boo..