Explorations Into Liminality
“and there came an arm and a hand above the water and met it and caught it, and so shook it thrice and brandished it, and then vanished away the hand with the sword in the water.”

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Arise

Auto-archaeologist, digging myself up and dusting things off around here. While more than two years is hardly antiquity, a lot has certainly happened over that time away. No re-capping! Just moving forward.

Look! New designs.
The first is most certainly archaeology inspired. I look at this piece and the myths and legends about Mary Magdalene fill my mind. Believe what you will, there is mystery enough to fill a grail.

Now this one is all about faerie magic. Bits and baubs of wings and things, a jangle load of enchantment.

I am a bit entranced by the whole process of making these necklaces; digging through all my treasures collected over so many years, combining images and shapes and symbols and ideas, it's deep and thoughtful work- and it takes a bloody long time til one is "done"! There will be more of these coming, and I cannot wait to see what will manifest.

No comments: