Explorations Into Liminality
“and there came an arm and a hand above the water and met it and caught it, and so shook it thrice and brandished it, and then vanished away the hand with the sword in the water.”

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Often Offbeat

Well, today I have more sharing to do. Of stuffs and baubs, a divulgence of a thing or two.
Girls Prefer Skulls by MermaidenCreations

I'm not-so-good at the blog award thing, and never play by rules as they've been written or requested. But in appreciation of my FAE friend Aquariann and the kind way she has turned her thoughts toward me, I thought I would show you my favorite work of art by her.

And to partially play along, I will let you all in on my most favoritest fragrance in all the world. This is a smell that when I first breathed it in, I was transported. To another somewhen or where, I do not know, but I am inexorably commanded by this scent. Labdanum is this most magical and ancient resin, and my favorite form to date is made by none other than Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, which is a spectacular must-visit. Event Horizon makes my eyes roll back in my head every time I put it on. If you read the description on this page, you'll see why!
Another perfumer whom I am in awe of without even trying any of her concoctions, is Illuminated Perfume. Roxana loves labdanum...and bees.

And now without further ado, meet Peridot dragon.

7 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

You are such a sugarheart! Thanks for sharing my Peridot dragon. And your favorite scents. I shall have to track them down, they sound divine.

Lithia said...

Stopping by to spread fairy dust!
<3

AJ said...

Tee hee! I gave you the same blog awards as Aquariann! You can see my silly post here:
http://erthefae.blogspot.com/2011/01/at-last-my-style-and-versatility-have.html

I keep hearing how great BPAL is and I keep trying to avoid them, because I know I'll get hooked.

Cameron said...

I, too, have fallen for Black Alchemy....stumbled upon them years ago....I like to get the imps and try something new everyday!

Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

I need to check out Black Alchemy. I simply adore perfume.
Your friend's dragon Peridot is wonderful. Peridot is also my birthstone ~

Carousel Dreams said...

How intoxicatingly wonderful - those descriptions are so cool! And Aquariann's little dragon is just gorgeous. Thankyou for your lovely note on my blog x

Carousel Dreams said...

How intoxicatingly wonderful - those descriptions are so cool! And Aquariann's little dragon is just gorgeous. Thankyou for your lovely note on my blog x